- Order from the same manufacturer for men’s and women’s tees. If you are ordering t-shirts online for men‘s and women’s cuts, make sure you’re ordering from the same manufacturer if you want them to match, because color could vary from t-shirt to t-shirt. For example, if you order a men’s Next Level 6210 in heather gray, the color might not match up with a women’s American Apparel 2102 in heather gray. The t-shirts online are produced by different companies around the world, so the colors will likely be similar, but not an exact match.
- Not only will the shirt color change, but the print color could as well. If you are ordering t-shirts online, but you are choosing shirts from two different manufacturers (like the example above), there could be color variation between the two print results. Each t-shirt blank might have the same fabric material, but the threads could produce slightly different print results. One shirt could discharge better than the other.
- Need an exact Pantone match? Since we’re printing on fabric with plastisol ink, matching a Pantone color is 100% achievable. To get an exact color match, it is $20 per color Pantone Color Match. If you want 100% accuracy, we recommend using this service.
- Be careful when ordering women’s cut t-shirts. There is not a difference between Unisex and Men’s t-shirts. Unisex t-shirts work great for both men and women. A lot of times, customers prefer unisex t-shirts over women’s styles because they run into a lot of sizing issues. A lot of ladies tees run very small and a woman who might wear a small or medium ends up needing a large or extra large to fit “true to size.” If you’re wanting to order women’s tees, it might be best to order blank samples to see if it’s the fit you’re looking for.
- Double-check your mockup before approving. You can customize your shirts by using our online mockup tool on our website, but you will always receive a personalized mockup of your artwork before your order moves to press. The mockup is an accurate representation of how your shirt will look once printed and includes details such as sizing, Pantone colors, etc. Make sure you double check spelling, grammar, and your design before you hit approve!
- Give your new shirts a quick wash for best results. When you first get your new shirts, you might feel the ink slightly. This is completely normal and will totally go away with one wash! To ensure the longevity of your shirts, we recommend washing with cold water and drying on low.
If you ever have any questions about ordering t-shirts online, please ask us! Our friendly team is here to help via email, phone & Facebook Messenger.